AISTS Master of Advanced Studies in Sport Administration and Technology
The AISTS Master of Advanced Studies in Sport Management and Technology degree is a 15-month program that includes in-classroom learning (lectures, case studies, activities and field trips), two months of work experience in the sport industry, with the rest of the time spent on a client team project and research paper.
Endorsed by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the program is located in Lausanne, the Olympic Capital, home to the IOC, over 50+ international sporting federations, and FIFA and UEFA are just a short distance away. Its location allows for unprecedented networking in the heart of the sports world.
The AISTS MAS is designed for sports-minded professionals wishing to broaden their knowledge in sport management and the participants are trained by experts in sport and academics, in the following multidisciplinary fields applied directly to sport:
• Management & Economics
What makes the AISTS degree unique?
• The strong connection with the Olympic Movement
• The location of Lausanne, as Olympic Capital
• The academic weight of having three prestigious universities co-sign the degree
• The multi-disciplinary approach provides individuals with a 360°view of sport management
• The rich network of over 100+ lecturers and speakers
There are approximately 35 to 45 participants accepted each year and the application requirements are as follows:
• A Master Degree recognised by EPFL (one of the AISTS co-signing universities) with a minimum of 2 year’s work experience in any industry
• A Bachelor Degree recognised by EPFL (one of the AISTS co-signing universities) with a minimum of five years combined relevant experience in sport (international/national athlete experience)
• A Bachelor Degree recognised by EPFL (one of the AISTS co-signing universities) with a minimum of five year’s work experience in any industry
• If your diploma is not recognised by EPFL as equivalent to a Master or Bachelor you will require a minimum eight years of combined relevant experience in sport and a positive evaluation by AISTS that you will have the capacity to successfully follow the course and obtain the diploma.
Applicants must be able to finance both their studies and their cost of living in Lausanne.
All classes, coursework, and presentations will be in English. Applicants must submit English language exam results.
• TOEFL min scores: 550 paper, 213 Computer, 85 Internet (min. 20 for each section)
• IELTS min score: 6.5
How to Apply
• Fill out the online application form
• Submit all required documents (full list available on the website)
There are three deadlines to apply to the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration program:
• 1 November 2020
• 1 February 2021
• 1 June 2021
You will know if you are successful four weeks after the deadline closes.
Program fees for the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration 2022 amount to CHF 29'900 (Swiss francs). These are tuition fees and therefore do not include the costs of travel, board and lodging.
There are two scholarships available for the next AISTS MAS in Sport Administration & Technology edition, starting in September 2021:
• AISTS Athlete Scholarship (covering 50% tuition)
The AISTS Athlete Scholarship grants an international elite athlete the opportunity to study the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration with a scholarship of a value of half the tuition fees. This scholarship is offered to current or former athletes who have competed at an international level.
• AISTS Future Female Leader in Sport Scholarship (covering 50% tuition)
The AISTS Future Female Leader in Sport Scholarship aims at creating more opportunities for women in sport by offering one female candidate, who wishes to pursue a career in the sport industry, a reduction of half of the course fees.
Applications for both scholarships are opened until 31 March 2021 and the decision will be communicated in April 2021.