STRATEGY / Responsible for developing and executing social media campaigns for our clients - consisting of but not limited to influencer marketing, community management, social media trend reporting, and social media evaluations.
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, Charlotte, NC, or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates with East Coast working hours as a prerequisite. Octagon, the world’s premier global sports marketing agency, is seeking a Manager, Influencer Marketing to join its digital strategy practice.
In this role, you'll support our Influencer team including talent discovery, influencer & social content strategy, campaign management & procurement, and measurement for our brand clients. Do you want to join an award-winning group of digital strategists, analysts, and content creators to develop talent-based programs that capitalize on media trends, authentically engage with fans, and drive brand objectives? Are you looking for a role that delivers influencer campaigns, focused on aligning talent recommendations with sports partnerships? If so, this role is for you!
The work you’ll do
- Develop and pitch influencer & social strategies for Octagon brand clients, actively participating in strategic digital brainstorms
- Lead all aspects of influencer program planning and execution including identifying social trends, platforms for execution, and talent discovery. You will craft programs that are equal parts creative, innovative, and data-driven
- Serve as a primary data investigator: learning the “why” and “how” behind our analytics stack: including modeling, establishing Key Performance Indicators, demographics analysis, measurement, calculating return on investment, and real-time reporting
- Build campaign models and parameters according to social media metrics, owning Return on Investment and successful outcomes of campaigns
- Manage talent procurement – working closely with clients & talent through negotiation & contracting
- Develop influencer creative briefs, making recommendations to both clients and influencers and expertly pitch concepts to clients & partners; Build campaigns that are authentic and on-trend with the platforms and communities in which they live
- Work on sports partnerships – connecting brands and creators to the sports properties they sponsor
- Drive innovative short-form content strategies across all social mediums: video, motion graphic, animation, still, and text
- Simultaneously lead multiple projects relying on strong project management and organizational skills. Oversee timelines and onsite operations, content capture, approvals, and timely posting of all influencer content – from initial recommendation through to final wrap-up
- Management, support, and training of 1-2 analysts
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting. That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Who we’re looking for
- 3-5 years of proven experience in influencer strategy and/or social media content
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, music, and/or celebrity & pop culture as well as a pulse of what’s trending in social & digital content – what’s resonating with fans, what platforms are growing, what content matters to fans
- A self-starter who exhibits resourcefulness and demonstrates initiative to lead the day-to-day logistics of planning, implementing, & reporting on social and influencer programs
- Experience working with talent including but not limited to content creators, NIL athletes, professional athletes, and celebrities
- Someone curious and steadfast in understanding how data and analytics tools are used across social media; You believe data is important and a primary consideration for any marketing campaign
- Proficiency and experience with digital analytics and social tools – examples include Meta Business Manager (paid partnership tools), CreatorIQ, Infegy, Crowdtangle
- Deep understanding of the social media mechanics and best practices across Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter
- Deep understanding of social media trends with an emphasis on short-form video content on Instagram and TikTok
- Experience writing briefs and presenting them to talent and agents during briefing calls
- Experience in talent procurement with a base knowledge of industry-standard pricing for influencer hires & experience negotiating rates with talent, agents, managers, etc.
- Experience in forecasting critical metrics and benchmarks as it relates to the proposed influencer strategy
- Creative problem solver with a proven understanding of storytelling across social. Excellent social media copywriting skills
The base range for this position is $60,000 – 70,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure, and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the
employee’s/applicant’s background pertinent experience, and qualifications. Octagon’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – We understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too.
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA), and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. We make our careers website accessible to any users. If you need accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our
employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are
not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.