SailGP is racing redefined. The sport’s pinnacle league, SailGP was established in 2018 and is headquartered in London with office around the World. The annual, global championship aims to Race for the Future by showcasing the power of nature and accelerating change.
The fan-centric, inshore racing takes place among the sport’s top athletes in some of the most iconic harbors around the world, and offers the sport’s largest monetary prize of $1 million. Rival national teams battle it out in identical supercharged F50 catamarans, engineered for intense racing at electrifying speeds exceeding 60 mph/100 kph.
In 2020, SailGP set a new standard as the first climate positive sports and entertainment property, and began delivering actions and innovations that advance the global adoption of clean energy. Underpinning the organization’s purpose-driven agenda is a diversification of the league, with the goal of immediately progressing gender equity and racial inclusivity.
Season 4 of SailGP started in June 2023 and will see 10 national teams compete in 12 Events in iconic locations around the World.
SailGP is a global organization with defined values that shape the culture of its diverse team: deliver the best, break boundaries, leave a legacy, stand together and strike a balance.
The Senior Producer, Content is responsible for supporting and executing content and production initiatives that directly support a wide-array of enterprise priorities for SailGP Productions department which services SailGP Global, SailGP teams, SailGP League Commercial and Broadcast partners.
A creative storyteller with an enhanced emphasis in video content creation and branded content project management, (the Senior Producer of Content) will be tasked with supporting the development and execution of our overarching content strategies, while managing resources and staff to deliver compelling content that drives engagement and overall interest in the league.
- Oversee the creation, production and distribution of various video series and standalone video content features;
- Support studio production efforts across various stakeholders and cross-functional teams to support the:
- Creation, production and distribution of our global SailGP broadcast
- Creative development of broadcast features and packages (VTs) in a timely manner, for use in live studio environments and programs;
- Management of on-camera talent and assist in developing emerging on-camera personalities;
- Must be able to execute content development process (pitch, produce, script, edit and publish) video projects with a high degree of autonomy, and to coordinate with freelancers and other members of the team.
- Support the planning and execution of our multi-platform sponsored content needs as required across our SailGP content group;
- Support platform strategy development and executional efforts of our content initiatives across our Global SailGP event calendar;
- Support video production for marketing and promotional content campaigns;
- Support creative development and execution of branded content programs and budgets
- Support complex off-site/on-site field productions, and the management of third-party production companies from creation to completion, including legal on-boarding, ideation, scripting, scheduling, budgeting, production, distribution and content review;
- Coordinate publishing and programming of content with external partners and internal members of the League Office to ensure maximum reach and engagement;
- Make strategic programming decisions using both quantitative data and qualitative considerations to drive business results;
- Provide editorial guidance and exercise strong editorial judgement during the production process for all videos, including potential sensitive material;
- Optimize video content for all social platforms and distribution channels while managing multi-media deliverables across various internal groups;
- Accomplish team results by communicating job expectations and managing junior producers, editors, as well as freelancer creators. Management opportunities will involve communicating job expectations and developing personal growth opportunities for employees, as well as carrying out the Performance Management process:
- Plan, monitor, and review performance;
- Coach and counsel employees;
- Develop and implement department procedures and productivity standards and reinforce Company policies.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Intensive experience in sports/news/entertainment/new-media content industry
- Experience in strategic content development and production
- Intensive experience working with production companies, managing series development, idea
- generation and implementing production plans.
- Experience in various aspects of production management, operational and logistical aspects of production planning. (i.e. Legal reviews of production agreements, creating, maintaining and distributing production logistics details, arranging travel, production personnel scheduling/staffing, processing contracts and invoices).
- Experience of hands-on studio production (physical) experience is required.
- Proven leadership experience with culture building abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Innovative leader, that works cross-functionally with all stakeholders – builds meaningful and collaborative relationships within SailGP departments;
- Takes initiative, experienced in prioritizing multiple projects and situations as they arise in a dynamic, fast paced organization.
- Effective communicator who will help drive new processes and workflows within our team.
- Proven track record of ability to generate new ideas and translate them into high-quality, engaging programming
- Ability to use data and analytics to inform editorial/programming decisions to optimize content
- Must possess strong organizational and communication skills (i.e. budgeting time and prioritizing workload, accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks).
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance
- Advocate and promote SailGP Values and contribute to a positive culture.
- Ability to travel and to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- An outstanding video editor with expertise in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google & Smartsheet applications.
- Advocate and promote SailGP Values and a positive culture
- Operate with a financially responsible mindset and strive for the commercial sustainability of SailGP
- Consider how each team action contributes to Better Sport, Better Planet
- Advanced understanding of virtual-physical studio environments
- Experience in and a working knowledge of television/video production workflows
London, United Kingdom
SailGP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion.