Senior Ticketing Manager
London, England, United Kingdom (On-site)
We are looking for a Senior Ticketing Manager to oversee the day-to-day operation of our ticketing and access control operation.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the ticketing experience is best-in-class for supporters, both on our online platforms and on a matchday.
Who We Are
We are one of the most famous clubs in world football, with a rich heritage and history of success – read more about our history, here.
Beyond that, we are passionate about our local community and, behind the scenes, we have a wide variety of opportunities and career paths for all. We have a very defined purpose: to act for a winning team, culture and community. We achieve this by ensuring we are courageous in the pursuit of progress, we champion our community and each other, and that we do the right thing (even when no one is looking).
- Manage our team that is responsible for the set up and delivery of ticketing and access control for all of our first team fixtures.
- Contribute to our ticketing strategy across Men's and Women's football.
- Plan and execute process and system enhancements relating to the ticketing operation.
- Ensure robust processes are in place to ensure the optimal delivery of all ticketing services to supporters while minimising risk.
- Oversee the planning and delivery of all ticketing tasks required to successfully deliver our annual renewal processes and the allocation and sales process of tickets for all home and away fixtures throughout each season.
- Manage the relationship with our ticketing and access control partners to ensure a smooth delivery of services to supporters.
- Oversee the matchday ticketing operation to ensure a smooth delivery and the swift resolution of any ticketing issues
What We Are Looking For
- Demonstrable experience in a ticketing management role within a high-volume ticketing environment for a professional football club.
- Experience of successfully implementing significant system development and process change in a high-profile ticketing environment.
- Experience of successfully planning and executing a programme of significant change to business operations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to capture and distil complex concepts in a logical and clear manner.
- Familiarity using the Ticketmaster ticketing system and Fortress access control system is desirable.
- Strong football industry knowledge.
- A great people manager with a proven track record of leading and managing a team.
- Excellent stakeholder management and ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders to deliver priorities, and significant system and process improvements.
- Please note, this process is being managed for Arsenal Football Club by Executives In Sport Group, so all applications will be viewed and managed by them.
Why choose us
At Arsenal, we want everyone to feel a sense of trust and belonging, so we are proud of both our club values and also what we offer to our employees. As one of our Gunners, you will receive:
- An exciting reward and recognition scheme
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with your length of service
- Great internal learning and development programmes
- A flexible hybrid working model
- Discounted Arsenal season tickets
- A competitive health and wellbeing benefits package
- A leading Employee Assistance Programme
- Great discounts with some of our Partners
Arsenal for Everyone
Arsenal for Everyone is our commitment to promoting and embracing equality, diversity and inclusion, so that everyone connected to the club feels like they belong to the same Arsenal family. We believe that diversity of background, skills and experience drives our success on and off the pitch.
Disability Confident Leader
We are a Disability Confident Leader. We actively welcome applications from people with disabilities and long-term health conditions. If you need disability-related adjustments to the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
If you are likely to meet the definition of being a ‘disabled person’ according to the Equality Act 2010, we will offer you an interview if you meet the minimum criteria for a role. Please choose the option of a guaranteed interview on your application form. The information you share with us about your health or disability will not be used in recruitment decisions.