Eurovision Services Madrid (ESM) is looking for a Team Leader Marketing & Branding to shape the European Broadcasting Union’s marketing and brand strategy and lead the design team at our office in Madrid, Spain.
The future incumbent will be fully dedicated to providing professional services for the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) headquartered in Geneva Switzerland.
ABOUT THE COMMUNICATION, MARKETING AND EVENTS UNITS
The Communications, Marketing and Events Unit translates the corporate strategy into impactful messages and narratives and delivers them to key audiences through marketing campaigns, media relations, digital communications, social media, events, and publications. Its objectives are to communicate the value of the EBU to its Members and to key stakeholders such as sports federations, national and EU decision-makers and other influencers. The unit also markets the value of Public Service Media to a wider audience.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
As Team Leader Marketing & Branding you will be responsible for reshaping, implementing and driving a digital marketing strategy that fosters personalization and increases member engagement and satisfaction.
You will develop and manage the EBU brands and sub-brands and associated digital marketing strategies to increase awareness, understanding and consideration of our mission, work and goals, among our target audiences.
This role focuses on driving growth, development, execution, and measurement of digital marketing strategies to communicate the value of the EBU to Members and key stakeholders. The role is also in charge of the organization’s consistent brand identity, ensuring that all content, communication, services, events, sub-brands, and stylistic elements are aligned with corporate branding. The role especially plays a major role in enhancing EBU brand awareness online and on social platforms.
The Team leader, Marketing & Branding leads the Design Team in Madrid. The role reports into the Head of Communications, Marketing and Events of the EBU.
As the Team Leader Marketing &Branding you will:
- develop, implement, and manage digital marketing campaigns that generate seamless, high-value, omni-channel communications to EBU Members.
- design and implement a multichannel digital experience, including email marketing, content marketing, social media strategy, newsletter strategy, publications marketing and online events promotion.
- plan, execute and measure experiments and conversion tests.
- measure, monitor and report performance of digital marketing initiatives. Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end Member experience across multiple channels and visitors touch points.
- lead on newsletter and e-mail marketing including distribution lists, templates, testing, campaign automations etc.
- identify trends and insights, and optimize performance based on data and insights.
- evaluate emerging digital marketing techniques and technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- define and implement the corporate brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition
- oversee the design workload and output of the design team in line with the brand strategy
- creatively develop our brand awareness especially online and on social platforms
Web & social media
- work closely with the web strategy team and the Team Leader of Digital Strategy to:
- ensure that digital marketing campaigns are fully aligned and integrated with our digital platform / web strategies reach more Members and maximise SEO visibility
- improve the online journey also through personalization
- ensure that digital metrics are implemented, consistently reported and widely used and understood
- work closely with the Communications team to:
- define social media strategy and ensure social media output is aligned with digital marketing activities
- work with social media officer to manage paid campaigns.
- manage a team in Madrid as well as agencies
- responsible for developing and overseeing budgets and controlling costs
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate must have:
- At least 10 years of experience in digital and content marketing for organisations with strong customer focus and mentality. At least 3 of these in a (people) management position
- Proven working experience in digital marketing (especially B2B content marketing) with solid experience in identifying and targeting key audiences and creating digital campaigns from scratch that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and integrated email marketing software (ideally ClickDimensions)
- Knowledge of different web CMS (ideally Jahia) and online publishing standards
- Solid knowledge of website analytics and paid advertising tools (Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Ads) as well as keyword research tools (Ahrefs).
- Strong understanding of how social media fits into the digital marketing mix and how/when to utilize social platforms versus other channels.
- Experience of brand development and management.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in digital marketing, social media and measurement
- Team player and effective people manager. Experience in working remotely and across functions in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment.
- Creative, positive, can-do approach, with strong analytical skills and data-driven approach.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
EDUCATION - Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Digital Strategies, Media or similar.