SPORTFIVE is a global sports marketing agency that delivers customer-centric solutions based on trust and transparency, deep industry experience and global relationships, digital intelligence and innovation. SPORTFIVE strategically and creatively connects brands, rights-holders, media platforms and fans to create and enable contemporary partnerships in sports.
While creating and growing long-term value for all, SPORTFIVE often leads the sports business into the future through innovative digital solutions and strives to be the most progressive and respected partner in sports.
In Asia, SPORTFIVE has over 30 years of proven performance with offices in Singapore, Sydney, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul. The industry leading agency specialises in delivering a comprehensive range of solutions and services for brands, right-holders and fans across the whole value chain. With dedicated teams focused on media and brand-led sales, content production, turn-key event management, design studio, digital marketing and activation, SPORTFIVE is well placed to support brands and rights-holders in creating valuable partnerships in the region.
SPORTFIVE operates with a global mindset and network of over 1,200 local experts based in 15 countries around the world, active in Football, Golf, Esports, Motorsport, Handball, Tennis, American Football, Basketball, Ice Hockey, Rugby, Olympics and Multi-Sport Events and many more.
This role has the primary responsibility for revenue generation by creating sales opportunities, developing partnership proposals, and supporting the broader team in achieving successful sales of esports and gaming products and services.
- Key member of the SPORTFIVE commercial team with a primary focus on generating revenue across SPORTFIVE’s esports and gaming rights holder clients - these include publishers, leagues, teams, and jewel events.
- Develop strong relationships with prospective new clients via all possible customer touchpoints including phone, email, linked-in, networking events and meetings, etc
- Leading sales pitches with both international and domestic brands to understand objectives, build relationships, and secure revenue for the business
- Work with the Asia Commercial team, SPORTFIVE esports subject matter experts, and our expansive global sales network, to manage internal sales processes around esports strategy, rightsholder development and management, and commercial sales.
- Develop, lead and manage sales pitch process, including proposal development, pitch presentations(s), negotiation of terms, and contract completion.
- Conduct smart, proactive, strategic outreach to potential property and brand clients and their key stakeholders.
- Build and maintain an active pipeline of prospects by using macro and micro market trends, sound product knowledge, and a deep understanding of brand marketing to strategically identify relevant clients.
- Monitor all relevant media and trade journals to identify new esports business sector opportunities.
- Liase with SPORTFIVE international territories and subsidiary agencies where necessary to work collaboratively on relevant projects
- Work with the internal CRM team to manage reporting.
- Work closely with the global eSports team to develop key value propositions, product opportunities, sales materials, and data/insight analytics, to ensure sales propositions are robust and compelling
- Keeping an acute and up-to-date understanding of the industry and relevant market intelligence, including the stakeholder landscape; event and competition calendar; new entrants; broadcast platforms; key trade shows and conferences; and utilizing this information to identify important trends which can inform S5’s strategic and operational approach.
- Following successful completion of a sales process, work with internal corporate functions such as legal and finance to create robust commercial agreements
- Represent Sportfive to the broader market in a way that is consistent with the high standards and professional approach expected of employees
Qualifications & Skills
- 3-5+ years of esports, sports, or media-centric sponsorship sales experience
- Must maintain a proven track record of generating revenue with consistent, positive results.
- Highly independent, performance-driven, and comfortable with working in a dynamic global environment to tight deadlines
- Team player that is aggressive takes initiatives and leads, Deadline-driven, organized, and able to multi-task.
- Domestic and some international travel may be required for this role.
- Must have strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, sales CRM
- Keen enthusiasm and knowledge of the eSports industry
- Track record in delivering sales success
- Analytical/strategic ability to identify and articulate a business or marketing case for potential sponsors
- Excellent inter-personal skills, advanced communication and presenting capabilities
- Effectively managing multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Motivated, self-sufficient, and able to self-manage
This role is located on site at our Seoul office.
Type of contract
Contract start date
With the “Power of Five” - comprised of companies, rightsholders, media platforms, fans and our employees, our passion for sports marketing is firmly established in our brand. It is our mission to be the most progressive agency in the sports business and actively be involved in shaping the future of sports marketing.
Our range of services includes everything that has to do with sports marketing and ranges from consulting, virtual perimeter and stadium advertising, jersey sponsoring, international media rights and athlete marketing, to hospitality programmes, travel services and incentives, right up to digital solutions, such as apps, product innovations and creative sponsoring campaigns and activations. With this, we serve the entire value chain in sports marketing individually, based on the customer objective.