IPC - International Paralympic Committee
WORLD PARA ATHLETICS COMPETITIONS SENIOR MANAGER (F/M/X)
Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (On-site)
About the job
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) offers the position of a full-time World Para Athletics Competitions Senior Manager (f/m/x) in a multi-cultural team at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting in the first quarter of 2023.
World Para Athletics (WPA) is the department within the IPC responsible for the governance, administration and growth of Para athletics worldwide.
By providing Para athletes with an opportunity to showcase their abilities, WPA aims to transform lives on and off the track.
The WPA Competitions Senior Manager will be responsible for the delivery and growth of the global competition portfolio of World Para Athletics.
- Further developing the WPA competition portfolio to enhance the high-performance, entertainment and commercial value;
- Managing the competitions team with 2 direct reports;
- Overseeing all the administrative functions required to deliver the WPA competitions portfolio;
- Leading the review of the documents that provide the framework for WPA competitions;
- Establish processes and procedures to streamline business practices;
- Reviewing and further developing sport technical requirements and delivery guidelines;
- Reviewing and updating the qualification criteria and entry standards for WPA competitions; and
- Developing collaborative relationships with NPCs, NFs, LOCs, and other stakeholders.
- A strong work ethic with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, humility, honesty, and a passion for providing Para athletes with opportunities to showcase their abilities;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow sport competitions or entertainment events in a similar role;
- A comprehensive knowledge of sport administration;
- Experience leading staff and volunteers, able to foster a positive and cooperative environment when working under pressure;
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to identify opportunities and interdependencies while working across multiple projects, connect stakeholders and maintain deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Exceptional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Relevant experience or equivalent university degree in sport management, event management, business, law or similar; and
- Ability to travel internationally as required.
- Demonstrated experience developing competitions as commercial assets;
- Experience in Para athletics or athletics;
- Experience in Para sport; and
- Proficiency in multiple languages.
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested and provide a good match with our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English and in pdf format to WorldParaAthleticsJobs@paralympic.org.
For this position, we will review applications and interview candidates on a rolling basis.
The IPC is an equal opportunity employer, and we especially encourage individuals with a disability and members of minority groups to apply; we support the relocation process and provide transitional accessible accommodation.
For further information on the IPC, please contact us or visit our website under www.paralympic.org.
We look forward to your application!
For more information and to apply, follow the link.