National Basketball League (NBL)
General Manager | Commercial Development
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (Hybrid)
About the job
About the Company
The National Basketball League (NBL) is regarded as one of the premier basketball organisations and is home to some of the world’s best athletes.
It operates an innovative media platform, always searching for the next growth opportunity, and is a sports entertainment experience like no other.
The NBL is chiefly responsible for the management and delivery of the men's professional basketball league in Australia and New Zealand.
With a focus on success and growth, the NBL's vision and determination, is to be positioned as one of the leading sporting codes in Australia.
As the General Manager – Commercial Development, you will work with C-Suite executives with some of Australia’s major brands in developing new commercial relationships, continue to build upon the leagues strong growth foundations and execute the commercial new business strategy to drive significant incremental revenue.
This is a newly created role that will have you working cross-functionally throughout the National Basketball League and our brands.
To be successful in this position, you will thrive in the challenges of a sales environment, have sound understanding of what it takes to achieve high commercial outcomes with major organisations, and be passionate about sharing your knowledge and empowering others around you.
An incredible opportunity to make your mark with the sports & entertainment industry and join us just in time for NBL23.
- Identify and convert major partnerships with leading Australian and Global brands by pursuing target markets that align with the growth aspirations and values of the organisation.
- Develop and create new assets that generate revenue opportunities through existing network, innovation, research and analysis, appointment setting, presentations and negotiation.
- Identify the needs of potential clients and formulate proposals accordingly to maximise satisfaction and create mutually beneficial relationships.
- Develop authentic relationships with business partners to ensure positive and successful business growth and expansion for the League.
- Support the development and delivery of partnership strategies in line with the agreed KPI’s and commercial contracts.
- Accurately measure the effectiveness of partnership activities, providing ideas and recommendations to increase and improve commercial returns for all parties.
- Ensure a high level of client retention and satisfaction through the successful management of negotiations.
- Minimum 5-years’ experience in a dynamic sales & relationship management role
- Go-getter attitude, strives for success, engaging personality, and enjoys the challenge of a sales environment
- Proven ability to demonstrate value-for-money outcomes to potential stakeholders.
- Exceptional client-facing skills & ability to build rapport and trust quickly
- Detailed and meticulous planning skills and attention to detail.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working to set KPI's
- Ability to network and understanding the needs of the business model to drive significant incremental sales revenue
About the Benefits
- Competitive salary and career progression opportunities
- Work for a League entering most exciting phase of growth
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work with a collaborative and passionate team
APPLY NOW! We can't wait to hear from you!
For more information and to apply, follow the link.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications anticipated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.