City Football Group
Fundraising and Engagement Manager
Manchester, England, United Kingdom (On-site)
About the job
Job DescriptionRole: Fundraising and Engagement Manager Business Function: Partnerships and Fundraising
Reports to: Senior Partnerships Manager Department: City in the Community Foundation (CITC)
Established in 1986, City in the Community Foundation is the registered charity of Manchester City FC and uses the brand of the parent Club to deliver award-winning programmes centred around Health, Education and Inclusion. The projects engage and impact over 20,000 lives in Manchester annually.
The Fundraising and Engagement Manager is responsible for the planning and management of all CITC fundraising and supporter engagement events and all other fundraising activities delivered by CITC.
The purpose of this role is to generate new, exciting ideas and opportunities to raise funds and awareness for CITC and develop a strategy to ensure the successful achievement of fundraising targets and engagement outcomes.
The Fundraising and Engagement Manager will also support other community events and activities, being a key community champion and having visibility within the Manchester Community.
Accountabilities with Key Outcomes:
- To create, manage, and deliver fundraising events to a high standard and to agreed targets. This includes all aspects of planning, operating and evaluating events to create revenue to support charitable activities.
- To work with the Senior Partnerships Manager to develop and implement a Community and Events Fundraising Plan, delivering on specific fundraising projects and campaigns in line with the organisational strategy.
- To work closely with the operations team to plan and implement programme specific events, sharing expertise and providing impactful community events.
- To develop ambitious but realistic annual KPIs and outcomes indicators tailored to fundraising and supporter engagement to drive the increase in revenue and impact.
- To work closely with key stakeholders within CITC, CFG and local partner organisations to develop and implement participation, fundraising and support opportunities. This will include maintaining and building relationships with existing stakeholders.
- To manage relevant areas of the budget to ensure fundraising income is maximised. Report on income and take proactive steps to address any shortfalls/overspends and to capitalise on opportunities, ensuring the team achieves its fundraising goals.
- To work closely with the Communications Manager to develop appropriate marketing plans to maximise all fundraising income streams, ensuring all community fundraising content for marketing materials is provided.
- To review, evaluate and report back on events and campaigns, providing reports reviewing income and trends against agreed targets and make recommendations/take action for any activity that is under or over performing in a timely manner.
- To provide high quality stakeholder care and engagement throughout all forms of communication and interaction, ensuring they feel valued by City in the Community and all relationships are maximised to their full potential.
- To engage with, motivate, inspire, and support our amazing supporters, potential supporters, staff, volunteers, and donors.
- To manage and develop City in the Community’s fundraising assets and supporter base to maximise fundraising, increase engagement and ensure a high level of donor retention.
- Ensuring that CITC’s Safeguarding policy and procedures are embedded to the highest standard across the team. Work to ensure that safeguarding practices and principles are adhered to, ensuring our legal and moral obligations towards the framework.
- Ensuring that all CITC and CFG policies and procedures are adhered to across the team, escalating any breaches as appropriate and managing this with staff in a professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A relevant qualification or equivalent experience in a fundraising/events role
- Infectious drive and passion to have significant impact in the charitable sector
- Experience of managing direct reports or a small team
- Experience of managing a budget
- Substantial experience of events management, fundraising activities and stakeholder engagement
- Up to date understanding of innovative non-event fundraising methods
- Experience of developing challenging targets and outcomes in order to motivate staff and teams
- Positive, flexible and pragmatic. Able to cope with uncertainty and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Excellent understanding of safeguarding for events and stakeholder activities
- Able to manage multiple projects and programmes
- Friendly open manner and the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent IT and MS Office skills, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Good report writing and presentation skills, and confident about speaking in public
- Experience or knowledge of the charitable/voluntary sector
- Experience of creating high quality marketing material and strategies
- Knowledge and understanding of community-based sports programmes
- Experience of delivering internal development training
- Understanding of Ecommerce and retail
Job Impact/Influence Measures:
- Budget – direct responsibility for managing and reporting
- People management – Full-time staff report into this role
- Network – direct contact with internal and external stakeholders, maintaining relationships and building a network of contacts to maximise impact
- Funding – direct responsibility to create revenue to finance the fundraising team
Decision-making Authority: (Full / senior / some / limited / little / none)
- Some decision-making authority; full autonomy as manager, with escalation as appropriate
- Reports into Senior Partnerships Manager
- City Football Group promotes equal opportunities in employment and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience seem to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview.
Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Due to our safeguarding promise, all UK based CFG roles will be subject to a DBS check upon commencing employment with us. This will be either a basic, standard or enhanced check depending on the job role and responsibilities.
If you have any further questions about the role or your application, please contact Careers@CityFootball.com
For more information and to apply, follow the link.