AVP, Business Intelligence
Business Intelligence · Hong Kong, Hong Kong
FMA is the exclusive commercial partner of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) for the rights cycles 2021-2024 and 2025-2028.
Our comprehensive mandate covers the rights for all major AFC National Team and Club competitions, including the AFC Asian Qualifiers - Road to Qatar, AFC Asian Cup, AFC Women’s Asian Cup, AFC Women’s Olympic Qualifiers, AFC Champions League, AFC Cup as well as AFC youth and futsal competitions.
Formerly known as DDMC Fortis, FMA – a Super Sports company – is headquartered in Hong Kong S.A.R., with offices in the Middle East, Singapore and China. FMA combines unparalleled global football experience with in-depth Asian know-how and expertise.
FMA requires an experienced research executive to play a key role within the company’s Business Intelligence function within the Commercial department.
The successful candidate would be responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of Business Intelligence analysis and market research.
The role could be based in Singapore or Hong Kong.
Pivotal in developing and nurturing our understanding of Asian football fans, the role provides insight functions including the design and execution of custom research projects, the mining of syndicated data sources, monitoring AFC competition performance, informing and optimising marketing and digital initiatives, and measuring the impact of partnerships.
The role also supports the broader commercial strategy and innovation with actionable and timely insights.
The role requires a hands-on research practitioner fully accustomed to the rigours of working with a diverse stakeholder group in a fast-paced and changing Asian sport and media landscape.
A commercially-minded and analytical thinker you are someone that revels in the challenge of making complex data simple in support of FMA’s commercial teams – media and partnership sales, marketing, digital and content.
You are highly proficient in utilising multiple research and insight methodologies in a sport, media, and partnership context and always on the lookout for new ways of harnessing insights to optimise commercial returns.
- Lead all aspects of the Business Intelligence unit while conducting and managing numerous research studies with multiple suppliers.
- Develop expert knowledge of key AFC competitions, target markets and audiences and be the go-to resource for fan and market insights utilising primary, secondary and syndicated research resources to support marketing strategy, new business, and partner renewal initiatives.
- Work closely with key stakeholders across internal business units and the AFC Commercial Team to understand needs, define objectives, design methods and mine resources to deliver desired results.
- Formulate and prepare briefs summarising FMA research needs, select appropriate agencies to deliver strategic insights, manage external agencies and ensure that work is delivered on time and within the allocated budget.
- Oversee delivery of regular and ad-hoc reports with actionable insights in response to requests for research.
- Utilise a combination of data analytics software and data visualisation platforms to probe and concisely summarise and visualise data and develop compelling brand and sales narratives around audience performance, partnership impact and brand health.
- Use your knowledge to help FMA commercial teams construct new commercial strategies and identify additional revenue streams.
- Work collaboratively with the respective commercial teams to monitor fan and consumption trends to identify and develop insights informing FMA strategies including audience monetisation, content consumption behaviour, and partnership effectiveness.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Required experience and technical skill set
- At least 6 years of experience with multiple research and insight approaches and methodologies within leading market research firms, sports entities or the entertainment field.
- Expert knowledge of proprietary and data visualisation tools, social listening and syndicated data for analysis, research design, business intelligence, strategic insights, client consulting and new business development.
- Highly proficient data interrogation fundamentals and superior report preparation and presentation skills, synthesising insights from various sources into concise narrative for internal knowledge, external partners, and sales pitches.
- Experience in conducting multi-market primary research projects – preferably across Asia - using qualitative and quantitative methodologies and mining and analysing syndicated research sources (e.g., GWI, YouGov, ComScore)
- Experience in conducting and analysing both broadcast audience rating (e.g., Nielsen, Kantar) and streaming audience data.
- Experience in using a range of analytical tools to build a stronger understanding of digital audiences and measure the performance of key digital assets - website and social channels, branded content, and partner activations (e.g., Google Analytics; Facebook Insights).
- Experience in developing media and/or sponsorship (package) valuations.
- Excellent network of leading research firms.
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Regional experience working in/across AFC markets notably, in China / Middle East and/or South-East Asia would be an advantage.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Attributes – You are …
- A detail-orientated problem-solver with a proven ability to think strategically using data effectively to help shape broad concepts into strategies and detailed actions.
- Versatile – able to work under pressure, managing competing deadlines and projects to a high quality.
- An excellent communicator and eloquent presenter of insights – able to present and tailor your findings to different audiences in a clear and concise manner and influence decision making.
- Client-centric – a relationship builder able to work collaboratively and successfully bring people from different cultures, disciplines, internal and external together to achieve desired outcomes.
- Passionate about keeping up with current research and data trends and adopting current and emerging technologies to expand FMA’s capabilities, methodologies, and insight resources.
Interested parties please apply with your application letter, resume, current and expected salary, and availability by clicking "Apply "
Applicants who are not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data collected will be treated strictly confidential and be used for the purpose of recruitment only. All collected information will be kept on our files for 12 months.
Please read the data privacy notice and answer YES or NO to the last question in the application process.
For more information and to apply, follow the link.