Partnership Services & Development Lead
London, England, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
About the job
- Job Title - Partnership Services & Development Lead
- Location - National Tennis Centre, 100 Priory Lane, Roehampton, London SW15 5JQ (with the requirement to work from the NTC at least 4 days each week)
- Salary - Up to £65,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Benefits - Free gym on site, Pension, Life assurance, Health Insurance, Staff discounts, Cycle to Work Scheme, Hybrid working plus more
About the role
The Partnership Development Lead is responsible for responsible for securing upsells, renewals and revenue growth working alongside the Partnership Acquisition Manager.
The role is also responsible for overseeing a team of Partnership Managers to implement the planning, activation, delivery and reporting of each Brand Partner.
The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of integrated partnership rights contract negotiations and delivery models. They must be pro-active, motivated, have excellent project management and interpersonal skills and be able to build strong working relationships; they will support the development of partnerships by working collaboratively with different teams across the business.
Staff are required to work outside standard working hours and at weekends at certain times of the year. Some UK travel to venues and to visit clients may be needed.
Sales Management and Revenue Delivery
- Lead contract negotiations related to renewal of existing partnership rights.
- Work alongside the Partnership Acquisition Team to upsell (e.g. additional activation opportunities) and renew partnerships at greater value.
- Responsible for LTA’s renewal process and associated revenue, optimal profit margin and efficient cost of service.
- Collaborate across the LTA to identify new partner revenue opportunities, aligned with tennis and padel product development, alongside Partnership Acquisition Manager
- Establish and manage business wide processes to optimise efficiency and measurable value for LTA and our partners
- Ensure financial procedures are implemented across the team enabling invoices to be raised appropriately to release funds from each sponsor.
- Provide commercial support to the Partnership Acquisition Manager on projects throughout year, undertaking tasks as required to drive Commercial revenue.
- Oversee and develop a team of Partnership Managers to project manage planning, activation and delivery of rights for each Brand Partner
- Lead the team to develop and deliver a partnership rights activation strategy and improved measurement model for all LTA partners
- Proactively plan workflow with team across key accounts by quarter, per annum.
- Ensure each Partnership Manager works effectively to create maximum value for the rights allocated to each partner
- Lead the process of sponsorship reporting for the team annually, with content including media analysis, a review of activities and results.
Rights Management and Delivery
- Accountable for the pro-active management of each Partner’s contractual rights and financials to optimise overall deal profitability
- Responsibility for day-to-day management of lead strategic brand partners as required
- Ensure the proper, timely and high-quality delivery of all contracted rights for all brand partners
- Ensure partners are supporting the LTA’s vision of Tennis Opened Up
- Manage and/or support internal cross-functional projects that directly impact Partner satisfaction (e.g. insights, content assets, experiential activations, brand campaigns)
Previous Experience of:
- Proven track-record working with brands, negotiating partnership rights and securing upsells and renewals through to contract
- Strong sales and partnership delivery track record, working in sports and/or entertainment properties
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience in leading integrated partnership rights contract negotiations
- Success delivering high quality partnerships in premium, multichannel (experiential, digital) environments with senior stakeholders
- Commitment to structured, process driven and analytical rights’ delivery approach
- “Brand marketing aware” with ability to develop integrated brand marketing strategies with partners
- Dynamic and energetic approach to partner engagement, with strong communication and negotiating skills; able to combine trouble-shooting and creative problem solving
- Proven experience of account managing successful sponsorship relationships, and activation programmes
- Passion for and understanding of the commercial potential within sport
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong people and time management skills with a high level of care and attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills, including Outlook and MS Office
For more information and to apply, follow the link.