Account Manager, Golf
Las Vegas, NV (Hybrid), USA
About the job
THE JOB / Account Manager, Golf
CLIENT SERVICES / Have a passion for sponsorship along with a strong background in golf?
This role supports the day-to-day activities for our resorts partner golf platform. You will interact daily with our client, partners, and agency team in support of their golf sponsorship initiatives including their robust 30+ ambassador portfolio primarily across PGA TOUR and LPGA Tour and Pro-Ams.
We are looking for an Account Manager who can think strategically, develop marketing programs, can manage complex program details and budgets and has the desire to contribute to other leadership and strategic work.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Develop strategic golf marketing plans
- Talent negotiation and management
- Development of activation plan (Ambassador & Pro-Am)
- On-site programming development and implementation
- Manage relationships with key partners (e.g., clients, vendors, local region contacts, etc.)
- Provide support for the golf team’s day-to-day activities and quality control for all client facing materials
- Quickly establish credibility throughout the organization and with client as a strategic leader with vision within the golf space
- A keen sense of business process and how marketing, communications, and events are used to impact the bottom line and drive brand objectives
- Provide general support to efforts related to the brand and potentially other Octagon clients and programs
- Develop, coordinate, and implement flawless events
- Coordinate projects with internal resources and external vendors, such as merchandise, creative, and digital teams
- Support account wide budget tracking and timely reporting
- Support other team and account wide activations
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years’ experience in related field
- Multiple years of experience in the golf industry
- Multiple years of experience in an agency-like setting
- Experience and confidence to have the “buck stops here” role
- Capacity to become an expert on client’s brand and the state of client’s industry
- Prior experience handling ambassadors and contracts
- Prior strategy work: Ability to be a key contributor to the strategic direction by supporting the creation and implementation of strategic marketing plans and program development
- Experience overseeing and handling executional deliverables and program activation
- Understanding of the contract “process” and experience reviewing these types of business documents
- Ability to identify and evaluate new opportunities for the growth of the Client’s business and Octagon
- Experience analyzing and reporting against ROI metrics in place
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Capacity and confidence to become a presenter of materials to clients
- Superior organizational skills with demonstrated initiative, ability to effectively problem solve and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while working as both part of a team as well as independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Ability to travel as required, particularly to Las Vegas
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
For more information and to apply, follow the link.