Account Manager, Luxury Automotive
Stamford, CT (Remote), USA
About the job
THE JOB / Account Manager (Events), Luxury Automotive
- Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA, or Los Angeles, CA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates.**
We are looking for an Account Manager responsible for the coordination, planning, and activation for our automotive client. This position will be the primary point of contact for a client that will develop strategic marketing activation, hospitality, and execution plans in conjunction with an automotive client, their race team partners, and iconic tracks across the country. This is a great opportunity for anyone with a passion for sponsorship marketing with a strong background in client service, event management, and vendor coordination.
If you are looking to join a well-established agency that provides you with exciting work, and a culture that cares and respects you and you want the opportunity to grow, this could be your next role!
The work you’ll do
- Enhance the value of the clients’ programs through strategy, planning, and execution
- Deliver creative event solutions, negotiate benefits, coordinate all details associated with specific activations and assist with additional client partnerships when necessary
- Provide on-site management and implementation for activations and act as a liaison between internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Deliver outstanding experiences for customers onsite at events including paddock tours, pit tours, driver meet and greets
- Build cross-promotional opportunities within key platforms
- Monitor and report competitive activity
- Supervise limited-term employees or event staff
- Managing exhibit/logistic vendors and creative agency, as well as facilitating various approvals
- Work with lead sponsorship agency to develop POVs, nurture new opportunities, manage contracts, and various other marketing-related tasks
- Build activation plans, program briefs, and wrap-up reports
- Coordinate invoices and budget tracker; manage and reconcile vendor bids and internal process forms
The bigger team you’ll join
Where Others See Complexity, We See Possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Who We’re Looking For
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music, and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 4-5 years of experiential and/or event. Sports or automotive marketing or luxury goods experience a plus
- Event management and on-site activation operational experience
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines and budgets
- Experience managing relationships with multiple partners, gatekeepers, and stakeholders (e.g. venues, vendors, suppliers, etc.)
- Budget management and/or reconciliation experience
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to manage expectations and results
- Excellent organizational skills and acute attention to detail
- Experience managing a team to deliver results both in the office and on-site at events
- Track record of working in a collaborative environment with multiple clients and agency partners
- Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal. A writing assignment will be a part of the hiring process
- Experience in document and business writing including memos, inventory, status reports, recaps, industry/competitive analysis
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel, work weekends, and multi-day events
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website.
Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
For more information and to apply, follow the link.