Director, Partnerships Strategy (Sponsorship)
London, England, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
About the job
Overview of Job
This is a key role driving the development and ongoing management of a global sports marketing partnerships strategy and associated Centre of Excellence for Partnerships for an international business operating in multiple markets, across their expanding Global Partnerships portfolio.
This requires a good understanding of and experience in developing and implementing partnership strategies, policies and practices, including the creation of the related documents required to ensure successful implementation of partnerships across an international business.
The candidate will be working as part of an experienced international team across strategy, creative, project management and account. The role requires an ability to define clear processes, write concise and clear copy with good organisational, planning and problem-solving abilities. They will work closely with the senior leaders across the breadth of the account as well as liaising directly with the client at a global, regional and local level (as required).
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead and direct the day-to-day functions of the client Centre of Excellence (CoE) function for partnerships
- Day-to-day client lead for CoE
- Analyze, plan and direct all core work streams
- Direct implementation and management of strategic function (property id, investigation, evaluation, recommendation)
- Direct implementation and management of strategy management policies, processes, tools and associated documents
- Lead strategy, campaign planning and evaluation of all global partnerships
- Establish, implement and manage centralized processes, procedures, policies, platforms, tools and best practices to aid efficient implementation and ongoing management of global partnership properties
- Establish and management of all processes required for efficient management of partnership planning and execution
- Development and management of partnership evaluation framework and associated process and policies
- Development and management of centralized asset management and rights tracking tools, procedures and associated policies
- Development and management of centralized performance reporting framework and process
- Development and management of standardized partnership finance / budgeting, risk assessment and relevant compliance and security policies in relation to partnership programmes
- Recommendation, implementation and management of internal systems and/or platforms to ensure efficient delivery of CoE
- Creation and management of any RFP processes with 3rd parties required for delivery of CoE
- Working collaboratively with Strategy, Partnership, PR & Comms and Creative functions to ensure continued best practice and fully integrated client campaign outputs
Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive relevant agency experience
- Specific experience working in a strategic function as well as on global partnerships within a multi-agency environment is important
- Experience of partnerships in a B2B environment
- Experience across a variety of partnerships and multiple sports / cultural verticals
- Client-side experience in a partnership function an advantage
- Show a clear understanding of relevant sports / cultural / partnerships landscapes
- Show a robust understanding of evaluation and reporting practices to measure, value and evaluate partnership and partnership performance
- Experience in developing and leading the delivery of successful client partnership campaigns within cross functional teams
- Managing budgets and finances across global campaigns
- Negotiating and contracting
Skills and Abilities
- Strategic thinker with an inherent curiosity within and beyond your practice.
- Strong, succinct communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong presentation skills
- Able to combine rigour with reduction
- Able to work independently when required but equally a good collaborator
- Good (project) planning skills
- Organised and detail oriented in a fast-paced, client service environment
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of key trends and best practices
- Strong understanding of regional cultural landscapes
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Capable of managing and working on multiple work streams within tight deadlines
- This is a permanent position.
- This role will be based at City Road, London.
- Working hours are 9:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday
- Occasional travel and weekend work may be required
Equal Opportunities Statement
Endeavor is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
For more information and to apply, follow the link.