New York, United States of America (Hybrid)
About the job
We want you to join us to scale up Footballco!
We are a young, investment-backed growth stage company with a ton of global growth opportunity in the world's largest community--football (aka "soccer").
With the 2022 World Cup fast approaching in November 2022 and the 2026 WC happening across US cities, we are hiring a US Sales Executive.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Own growing the Footballco business in the US
- Serve as primary point of contact between Footballco and the US advertising market
- Developing potential brand approach lists
- Researching target brands to determine approach
- Work with internal team to source relevant sales presentation collateral
- Attend meetings to deliver sales pitch and understand brand objectives
- Build and manage all client calls, information, notes on CRM system
- Promote Footballco’s media, content and strategy propositions to target customers (client-direct, agency) in the United States
- Work in collaboration with the US Sales lead and Global SVP to target relevant US-based leads
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Want to work in a fun industry – sports marketing!
- Align with the phrase "Know more care more have better ideas"
- Have experience selling partnerships, marketing and media services
- Have a proven track record of growing revenue
- Have interest in existing account experience with Top 100 US (or Global) advertisers
What is Success in this Role?
- Hit sales revenue targets on quarterly and annual basis
- Build relationships with US companies that are aligning or seeking to align their brand with the football/soccer world
- Develop an ongoing pipeline of new media/marketing solution based revenue opportunities for Footballco
- Collaborate with global sales team peers and the VP of Global Brand Partnerships to identify new global revenue opportunities and potential clients for Footballco
- Work cross-functionally with relevant internal teams, including strategy, creative and editorial to create the optimal sales solutions for brand clients
- Proven track record of delivering revenue success in previous sales or partnerships roles
- Proven contacts within marketing, media, and sports and a generally strong network
- Natural “hunter” with track record to back it up
- Comfort in a high-pace, fast-changing environment; comfortable solving multiple problems at once
- High “EQ” skills, strong organisational ability, and an ability to clearly extract a client brief
- 3+ years experience in marketing, advertising, or sales
- Knowledge of sport a plus but not a requirement
- Footballco is a global, football/soccer-focused, digital platform with an ambition to own the entire non-live football landscape worldwide and become THE digital destination for all football fans across the globe.
- Supercharged by PE capital from TPG – also investors in Spotify, Uber, CAA, VICE and Air BnB – Footballco is on a mission to become the global home of football/soccer.
- An expanding ecosystem of iconic global media brands in football, Footballco already consists of Goal.com, Mundial, Goal Studio (lifestyle brand), Voetbalzone, Spox, FC player, NXGN & Calciomercato, with further brands and entities being built and acquired moving into 2022. Our ecosystem and data driven approach enables us to serve all types of football fans with content, when they want, where they want and importantly, how they want…..all across the globe, 24/7.
- Combining some of the leading minds in football, an award winning creative and production function, as well as digital platforms that are loved by 640m fans globally, Footballco aims to own the digital fan ecosystem across the world’s biggest sport.
- With 300 permanent employees across the world, Footballco is a diverse, disruptive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun organisation. With the football fan always front of mind, leveraging a world class tech platform and our track record of being first to market.
- From final whistle to KO, we are well on our way to owning the digital football space...and you can be part of it
For more information and to apply, follow the link.