Athlete Marketing Manager
Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan (Hybrid)
About the job
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Athlete Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and managing a nationally relevant Athlete portfolio that incorporates top class elite athletes and for the local leverage of Red Bull’s global athletes. You will understand the athlete’s needs and challenges in performance, marketing and communications and provide professional support where needed and which is useful to the personal set up of athletes. You will also manage the positive impact for the Red Bull brand, delivers co-operation efficiency (input/output ratio) and strive for outstanding athlete projects where appropriate and fitting with over-arching strategy.
- Play a key role in the development of the athlete marketing strategy by selecting nationally relevant athletes with a perfect brand fit.
- Support and supervise each athlete with a target driven, personalized package consisting of marketing, communications & sports performance targets.
- Maintain a professional yet personal relationship with each athlete that supports the brand personality & credibility.
- Maintain a close collaborative relationship with the Global Sports team in HQ and other international markets to share insights & implement best practices in Japan where appropriate.
#Leveraging Connections in the Sports Industry
- Set up a strong sport performance network that includes sports institutes, sports scientists, sports universities and schools, trainers, clubs and federations to support nation- wide talent scouting. Maximize the reach of the brand and product with elite athletes and collecting relevant insight and data that influences strategic decision, marketing initiatives and communication.
- Establish Red Bull as an innovative brand in sports by setting up a strong network (athletes, opinion leaders, agencies, media, federations, authorities etc.) that can be brought into the World of Red Bull.
#Sports Network Collaboration
- Work closely with the Media Network team in the Sports Network, to ideate and execute Athlete & Sports focused marketing activities, including always on activations.
- Focus on activations in line with the Sports Marketing strategy, especially Red Bull’s core sports.
- Leverage Red Bull’s local and global athletes to ideate and execute a creative/challenging athlete project, in discussion with the athlete, to create top of mind awareness.
- Establish Red Bull as a functional beverage & have a clear understanding of the product functionality whilst leveraging Product Experts to drive consumption in the Sports occasion.
- Create opportunities for athletes & product ambassadors to learn more about the product with ongoing workshop sessions to drive natural product integration & messaging.
- Actively monitor usage & how the product is shown on social media.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in the sporting industry.
- Experience in a sports/marketing agency, institution/federation, brand.
- Experience or interest in Red Bull’s core sports (e.g. Snowboard/Skate/ BMX).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong affinity to the Red Bull brand with a passion for sports.
- Fluent in Japanese & English.
- Strong network & knowledge of Red Bull’s core sports such as Snow, Skate & BMX.
- Strong leader who can lead marketing projects of all scales and management of strategic, marketing, communication, logistic, finance, legal and sales-oriented challenges.
- A creative and innovative mind who can also exercise structure and attention to detail.
- “Can do” attitude with outgoing, positive characteristics.
- Ability to focus and follow through on priorities and deliver quality results.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- University Degree or considerable relevant experience, with qualification in Sports/Marketing preferable.
For more information and to apply, follow the linK.