Major League Soccer
Manager, Club Services (Ticketing)
New York, NY (Hybrid), USA
About the job
The Manager of Club Services will be part of a team that drives forward thinking collaboration between the League Office and Clubs, focusing on improved business operations to deliver collective fan and business growth.
In this role, you will work closely with Club staff to help drive best-in-class ticketing strategy and operations by identifying opportunities, gathering and disseminating best practices, and providing data-driven insights and analysis.
- Serve as a point-of-contact for Club personnel for ticketing-related matters to promote and foster positive and collaborative relationships.
- Manage the collection, creation, and distribution of ticket reports.
- Regularly review data and reporting to identify insights and best practices to support Clubs in maximizing fan development and ticket sales.
- Organize and update league data-sharing platform (MLS Connect) and assist clubs with access.
- Analyze impact of ticket sales products and promotions across teams to identify and recommend best practices and opportunities.
- Travel to Club markets and capture intelligence from Club executives to assess current state of the ticketing business.
- Assist in developing customized Club ticketing and promotional strategies.
- Help manage League-wide ticketing calls designed to share best practices and insights across teams and League.
- Develop relationships with other sports properties, leagues, and vendors to identify and share best practices in marketing and ticketing.
- Analyze Club media spend, promotional strategies and tactics to develop data-supported insights, benchmarking, and toolkits.
- Build relationships and collaborate with internal MLS stakeholders across departments.
- Support in the creation of executive level reports.
- Develop systems of organizing information.
- Support internal league projects and daily requests.
- Assist in management of the relationship with the Official League Ticketing Partner.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of ticket sales and marketing experience with a professional sports team, agency, or live events organization.
- Strong data and analytical capabilities, with the ability to identify insights and supported recommendations.
- Ability to develop case studies and “how to” toolkits to help guide process, planning and execution.
- Understanding of ticket sales/service process, strategies, and technology.
- Experience in creating/managing marketing campaigns (ad spend, media buying, tracking, etc.) and analyzing results.
- An understanding of a customer journey from prospecting through to conversion and retention.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity, compliance, promptness, and timeliness.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic and driven to learn.
- Ability to travel and to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point.
- Ability to build advanced presentations and reports.
- Knowledge of the sport of soccer.
For more information and to apply, follow the link.