The Master in Coaching is developed for everybody who seeks self-knowledge and self-development with the aim to improve oneself as a (sport) coach and/or manager.
This 7 month program is based on the vision of Johan Cruyff in which sport coaching is more than using tactical and technical knowledge. It is about yourself, the players & staff, the team and the environment. We believe that you can only coach others if you know how to coach yourself.
Each participant’s personal background is a base for further development and better understanding of oneself as a coach and/or manager. The principle of coaching is that you then apply this insight knowledge in counseling others. A personal coach will guide you in the process of realizing your personal goals for becoming a better coach, manager and/or person.
Due to our ‘Cruyffian’ style of learning, students of the Master in Coaching will gain insight into their own strengths and opportunities for improvement as a coach (that they will develop during the program), and their athletes/employees, with the aim to have a better understanding in order to improve performance.
Throughout the academic year, our professors and staff motivate and support the students to facilitate students’ personal development. They ensure all students, each with a different background and experiences, will be challenged in their learning. It will be a new step in the students’ personal development towards improving their individual and team performance.
Three full weeks of on campus sessions (May, September and November) and approximately 140 hours of distance learning and 10 hours of supervision by a personal coach.
The focus of the Master in Coaching program is on self-knowledge and self-development. Students will gain insight into their strengths as a coach (that they’ll develop during the program), and those of their athletes / employees, for a better understanding of themselves and their players/staff, in order to improve performances.
Students will developed their unique coaching style, and are able to put this style into practice. They are able to present themselves effectively. They’ll know what is needed for individual and team success, and how they can manage this.
After completion of the program students have:
● Profound understanding of the principles of leadership, coaching and team dynamics. The ability to effectively handle team dynamics, ‘Building successful teams’.
● Profound understanding of the personal coaching style; Continuous reflection on behavior and actions.
● The ability to execute professional coaching sessions (individual / team); Performance Coaching, helping others to reach their full potential in any area in their lives.
● The ability to coach in any situation: Winning, loosing and under pressure.
● The ability to effectively handle the environment, including the media; Professional communication skills.